1. Be smart and don’t waste money on cable The average cable bill is $84/month. Multiply that by 12 months/year and you just saved $1000. Whoo-hooo!
2. Your cable bill will never go up because…you don’t have cable. TV is free. The way it was meant to be.
3. OTA (over the air) shows are excellent–there’s fine viewing out there–sitcoms, dramas, crime shows, kids’ programming, local and national news and the venerable 60 Minutes is still ticking.
4. The Super Bowl, the World Series, the Oscars, the Olympics and the Grammys are all OTA.
5. The Mohu Leaf hanging in your window is a great conversation starter. Surprise and amaze your friends with free TV.
6. Fantastic crystal clear 1080 HDTV reception. Better reception than cable provides because the antenna doesn’t compress the TV signal.
7. The Mohu Leaf and Mohu Curve are completely portable. From room to room, and when you move apartments or houses.
8. OTA+OTT (An antenna + Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant, etc) = the ULTIMATE viewing experience and you, the cord-cutter, are in control of your content.
9. Join the revolution. At Mohu we are passionate about our products and customers. We know that cord-cutters are living smarter, saving money and are still getting GREAT TV. Someday your kids or grandkids will look at you oddly and say, “You PAID for TV. Weird. That’s so 2008.”
10. Bruce Springsteen, aka “The Boss,” said it the best:
Man came by to hook up my cable TV
We settled in for the night my baby and me
We switched ’round and ’round ’til half past dawn
There was fifty seven channels and nothin’ on
This week's latest in cordcutting news and trends: New OTA stations, why it might be time to rescan your antenna, a look at Pay TV's sneaky hidden fees, Mohu's Independence Day sale and more.
The post Cordcutter Chronicles: News and Trends (Week of June 24th) appeared first on Mohu.
A new report found that there are over 100 available over-the-air stations you can watch for free with an antenna.